- What We Do
13 Tips of the Trade: SEO
Search Engine Optimization made easy!
1. To the Point Titles – Make sure you have short but effective titles to match your content on each page. Good titles consist of your item of interest and are followed by your website or business name. Aim for 10 words or less!
2. Selection is Key – In SEO, choosing the correct key words to promote your website is the ultimate concern. It is important to pick two to four words phrases that people are most likely to type into a search engine browser. These words should envelop 7% of your content on average.
3. Friendly Addresses – URL’s should be short, simple and contain your keywords to improve your visibility and ranking in search engine results.
4. Hot Content – Readers and search engines prefer fresh news and information. It is important to update your website with this hot content frequently via a blog for example to ensure that browsers return. Posting original and intriguing content will boost your rank as well.
5. Structure Sticks – Viewers read information from left to right and top to bottom. So you would ideally place your important links higher up on a page and feature fewer than 9 links.
6. Fast & Furious – Search engines like to archive content that loads quickly for them as they scan your website at a fast rate. In order to support this, removing bulky graphics and implementing high-performance Web caching techniques.
7. Track Your Turf – Stay up to date on your website’s progress with a web analytics program like Google Analytics which also happens to be free in order to gain valuable information about your site’s traffic.
8. Tag Descriptions – Use <meta> tags and <title> tags to improve SEO as they are used by search engines to get a description of what your pages consist of so that they can in turn give that brief description to viewers in a chunk of text that appears at the top of each browser window.
9. Encourage Reviews – Ask customers, clients or friends to review your company on sites such as Yelp as search engines take reviews into account when they rank your site.
10. Add Basic Text – If your site is technologically advanced and consists of a lot of visually exciting audio, pictures and videos, make sure to go back and add text via captions or transcripts because search engines scan only text to determine relevancy and rank.
11. Link it Up – Adding inbound links that are relevant to your content from trusted websites boosts your search engine ranking. Don’t pay for links and avoid too many reciprocal links. Keep an eye open for schemes as well!
12. Optimize Images – Use JPEG’s for pictures and GIF’s for graphics. Edit these on PhotoShop to limit the file size and adjust the number of colors in the images without downgrading their quality. This will lead to a faster load time and improve a user’s experience.
13. Say Please & Thank you – Create a custom thank you page for your viewer that has a form for them to fill out as a critique. Inform them that they can expect an immediate response and include links to related content on social media outlets. This will turn traffic into leads!
Written by Lauren Polhill – Lauren is a content writer for Chatter Buzz Media, an Orlando Florida Social Media Company. She is currently a sophomore at Stetson University majoring in communication studies and minoring in journalism and marketing. Lauren is an aspiring writer living in Orlando.
Do need someone to help you achieve your growth goals - then let us help you crush them? Let's chat!
FREE DIGITAL AUDIT
Start with our free and simple SEO audit tool to get you started.View details
Popular postsThe Relationship Between Music and Advertising: 5 Ways Music Enhances Commercials Advertising 8 Simple Tips to Add the Extra Zing to Your Email Campaigns Advertising How to Calculate Customer Acquisition Cost by Industry and Determine the Benchmark Inbound Marketing Top 12 Real Estate Marketing Tactics for 2019 Industry News 9 Must-Use Facebook Ad Strategies for Education Social Don’t Get Fooled: Pick The Right Digital Marketing Agency To Increase Your ROI Advertising
NEVER MISS A BEAT. GET CHATTER BUZZ NEW CONTENT IN YOU INBOX